Lorne Sausage HT MC
Scottish 20mins plus chilling
Serves 4-6 Hot Pork Beef Main Course
Breakfast Scotland British Europe
450g/1lb Minced Pork
450g/1lb Minced Beef (not too lean)
75g/3oz stale White Breadcrumbs
Salt and Black Pepper
˝ teasp Nutmeg
1 teasp Onion Powder (optional)
Fat for frying
1. Place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and using your hands, mix
very well, squidging the mixture together.
2. Line a 1.3kg/3lb loaf tin with clingfilm making sure there’s plenty of
clingfilm overlapping the edges, then transfer the mixture to the lined tin,
pressing it down very firmly.
3. Cover the top with the over-hanging clingfilm then transfer to the
refrigerator and chill for 8 hours. Alternatively, if you want to use the
mixture sooner, you can place it in the freezer for 30-60 minutes to firm up.
4. When ready to use, turn the meat out of the tin onto a flat surface and cut
into slices about 12mm/˝-inch thick.
5. Heat in a little fat or oil in a frying pan and fry the slices on both sides
until brown and cooked through. Serve hot.
Traditionally served as part of the great Scottish breakfast.
Pork/Bacon Recipes | General
Pork Preparation & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.