Malagache Fillet of Pork
HT MC Madagascan 35mins
Serves 4 Hot Pork Alcohol
Spices Vegetables Main Course Eggless Madagascar African Africa
675g/1½ lb boneless Pork Fillet
Plain Flour for coating
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp finely chopped Onions
50g/2oz Green Peppercorns, crushed
3 tbsp Brandy
120ml/4fl.oz. Double Cream
1 tbsp Mustard
1 pinch Ground Coriander
25g/1oz softened Butter
1. Slice the pork into 6mm/¼ - inch slices (medallions) and coat on all sides
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the floured pork and sauté until
browned on all sides.
3. Add the onions and green peppercorns to the pan and cook until the onions are
soft and transparent.
4. Heat the brandy in a small saucepan, set alight and pour over the pork.
5. Add cream and mustard, mix well and cook over a high heat for about 5 minutes
to reduce slightly.
6. Stir in the coriander and butter. If you wish you can remove the meat and
reduce the sauce a little further. Serve the pork with the sauce poured over the
Pork/Bacon Recipes | General
Pork Preparation & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.