Pork Chops with Capers HT MC
Pork Main Course
Gluten Wheat Dairy Free Eggless
4 large Pork Chops
1 teasp Olive Oil
2 tbsp Capers, drained and chopped
1 Onion, chopped
1 large Garlic Clove, finely chopped
1 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
240ml/8fl.oz. Fresh Chicken Stock
2 Tomatoes, chopped
1 teasp Mustard
1 tbsp freshly chopped Parsley
1. Preheat the oven or grill to low. Season the pork
chops with pepper then heat the oil in a large frying pan until very hot, add
the chops and brown for about 3 minutes each side.
2. Reduce the heat and cook for a further 15-20
minutes, turning from time to time.
3. Remove the chops from the pan with a pair of tongs,
place on an ovenproof place and transfer to the oven to keep warm.
4. Add chopped capers to the frying pan and sauté for
1-2 minutes then add the onion and garlic and cook over a medium heat and just
beginning to brown.
5. Add white wine vinegar mixing well then add the
stock, tomato, and any juices which have seeped out of
the pork chops.
6. Bring to the boil and boil rapidly for about 5
minutes until reduced.
7. Add the mustard and parsley and cook, stirring for
8. To serve – pour the sauce over the chops and serve
Pork/Bacon Recipes | General
Pork Preparation & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.