Pork Chops with Rhubarb HT
Serves 4 Hot Pork Meat
Dried Fruit Spices Vegetables Main Course Gluten
Wheat Dairy Free Eggless
2 tbsp Sultanas
120ml/4fl.oz. Boiling Water
2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
˝ teasp Ground Cinnamon
A Pinch of Freshly Ground Nutmeg
2 tbsp Sugar
2 tbsp Vegetable oil
4 Pork Chops
Salt and Black Pepper
1 Onion, finely chopped
1 Large Stick of Rhubarb, diced
1. Place the sultanas, water, vinegar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar in a mixing
bowl and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 170C, 300F, Gas Mark 2. Heat the oil in a large frying
pan and season the pork with salt and pepper.
3. Add the chops to the pan and fry for 5 minutes on each side until well
browned. Transfer the chops to a heat proof dish and place in the oven where
they will continue to cook.
4. Reheat the oil in the frying pan then add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes,
stirring from time to time, until softened.
5. Add the sultana mixture, bring to a boil, stirring, then place the diced
rhubarb on top of the onion mixture, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Stir the rhubarb mixture and continue to cook, uncovered, for further
3-5 minutes or until the rhubarb is just tender.
7. Return the pork chops to the pan together with any juices in the baking dish,
spooning the rhubarb mixture over the top and serve immediately.
Serving Suggestions :
More Pork Recipes | General
Pork Prep & Cooking Times |