Pork Curry with Bananas
HT MC Tahitian 95mins
Vegetables Main Course
Dairy Free Eggless
Tahiti French Polynesia Oceania
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Plum Sauce
90ml/3fl.oz. Cooking Oil
450g/1lb Lean Pork, cut into cubes
2 small Sweet Potatoes, peeled
peeled and halved
2 Papayas, deseeded and cubed
2 Garlic Cloves
3 teasp Curry Powder
Salt and Pepper
480ml/16fl.oz. Chicken Stock
120ml/4fl.oz. Coconut Milk
1. Preheat the oven to 170C, 325F, Gas Mark 3. In a large mixing
bowl, mix together the Soy sauce, plum sauce and oil.
Add the meat to the soy
sauce mixture, mix well to coat and set aside in a cool place.
2. Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil then
add the sweet potatoes and cook for 15 minutes. When cooked drain and cut the
potatoes into large slices. Set
3. Place the pork and its marinade in a large ovenproof casserole
together with the onion, garlic, curry powder,
salt and pepper. Mix well, cover and bake for 20 minutes.
4. Add the stock,
papayas, sweet potatoes and the peeled bananas to the casserole mixing
gently and cook for a further 30 minutes, basting regularly.
5. Just before serving, add the coconut milk and adjust the
seasoning. Serve hot.
Pork/Bacon Recipes | General
Pork Preparation & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.