Pork and Mussel
Cataplana HT MC
Portuguese 30mins plus marinating
Pork Seafood Shellfish Alcohol Main Course Gluten Wheat Dairy
free Portugal Europe
For the marinade
3 Garlic Cloves
1 tbsp Sweet Paprika
1/2 teasp Chilli Pepper
150ml/5fl.oz. Olive Oil
450g/1lb boneless Pork Fillet, cut into 12mm/1/2-inch cubes
3 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Large Onion, finely chopped
240ml/8fl.oz. Dry White Wine
240g/1lb Fresh Mussels (in shell), scrubbed
2 tbsp Freshly Chopped Parsley
1. Place the garlic, paprika, chilli pepper, salt and
150ml/5fl.oz. of olive oil in a small food processor and process to a paste.
2. Place the pork in a large mixing
bowl, add the marinade and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4-8 hours or
overnight, stirring occasionally.
3. Heat three tablespoons of olive oil in the Cataplana or a wide saucepan
with a close fitting lid. Add the pork and its marinade and cook over high heat
for 5 minutes, stirring from time to time. Remove the meat with a slotted spoon
and set aside.
4. Reheat the oil in the pan, add the
onion and sauté over high heat for 5 minutes, stirring from time to time.
5. Add the wine bring to the boil and
continue to boil for 5 minutes.
6. Return the pork to the skillet, along with any juices, mix well then add the
clams, cover and cook for 3-5 minutes, until the clams open.
7. Remove and discard any clams which
haven't opened, sprinkle the the parsley over the top and serve immediately.
Pork/Bacon Recipes | General
Pork Prep & Cooking Times |