Roasted Pork HT MC Sri Lankan
60mins plus marinating
Sri Lankan Name: Uru Mus Roast
Serves 4 Hot Pork Vegetables Spices
Main Course Gluten Wheat Dairy Free Eggless Sri Lanka
Ceylon Ceylonese Asia Asian
3 Cardamom Seeds, lightly crushed
3 Cloves, lightly crushed
1 teasp Ground Cinnamon
1 teasp Salt
1 teasp Curry powder
4 Black Peppercorns, lightly crushed
3 Garlic cloves, crushed
7cm/2-inches Fresh Root Ginger, grated
1 x 900g/2lb Fillet of Pork
2 Onions, sliced
2 Red Chillies, finely sliced
1. In a small bowl or cup, mix together the cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon, salt,
curry powder, pepper, garlic, ginger and vinegar.
2. Prick the meat with a fork all over then place in a shallow dish, add the
spice mixture and rub to coat all over. Leave to marinate for 1 hour.
3. Transfer the marinated meat to a medium saucepan, cover and cook over a
medium heat for 40-50 minutes, turning from time to time, or until the pork is
4. Heat the oil in a separate pan and stir fry the onions for 4-5 minutes then add the onions to the meat, mix well and cook for a further 5 minutes.
5. To serve - slice the meat and garnish with the thinly sliced chillies.
Pork/Bacon Recipes | General
Pork Preparation & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.