Student Sausage Hash HT
1 Hot Pork Vegetables
Herbs Main course
1 medium Potato, cut into 1cm/˝-inch cubes
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
2 Pork sausages, cut into 1cm/˝-inch slices
˝ Onion, peeled and chopped
Salt and pepper
1 teasp Dried Sage
Salt and Pepper
1. Place the potato in a pan of salted water, bring to the boil and cook for
minutes until just tender.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium frying pan until hot, add the sausage
slices and fry over a medium/high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side until
browned and cooked through. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and set
3. Drain the potatoes very well and pat dry with kitchen paper.
4. Reheat the oil in the frying pan until quite hot, add the onion and sauté for
3-4 minutes until they begin to soften, then add the potato pieces and sauté
over a medium/high heat, turning from time to time until golden brown on all
5. Return the sausage pieces to the pan together with the sage, salt and
pepper, mix well and cook over a medium heat for 4-5 minutes, turning from time
to time, until heated through.
Great served with grilled tomatoes and green peas.
More Student Recipes |
Pork/Bacon Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.