Canadian Maple Roast Ham HT
Pork Bacon Dried Fruit Main Course Dairy free Eggless
Canada North America
Joint e.g. Gammon
10 Whole Cloves
1 teasp Dry
Fresh Apple Juice
1. Stick the cloves into the ham and place in a large saucepan. Cover
with cold water, bring to the boil then reduce the heat, partially cover and
cook for 3˝ to 4 hours or until the ham is tender. Make sure the water is only just
bubbling as too fast cooking make the meat tough.
2. Preheat the oven to 170C, 325F, Gas Mark 3.
3. In a bowl, mix together the maple syrup, mustard and apple juice.
4. Remove the ham from the saucepan, reserving
the cooking liquor, and cut off the
rind and place the ham in a deep roasting tin.
5. Add 240ml/8fl.oz. Of the cooking liquor to the apple juice mixture and
stir in the raisins. Pour the sauce over the top of the ham, then roast for 30 to 40
minutes, basting occasionally, and adding
more of the cooking liquor if necessary. Serve hot
alternative at Christmas or Easter
Pork/Bacon Recipes | General
Pork Prep & Cooking Times |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.