Baked Caribou Ribs
HT MC Canadian 170mins
Serves 4 Hot Meat Game Main
Course Dairy Free Canada Nth America North American
1.3kg/3lb Caribou Ribs, cut into pieces
100g/4oz Bacon Fat or Lard
For the Sauce
240ml/8fl.oz. Tomato Ketchup
2 tbsp Vinegar
2 tbsp Brown Sugar
1 tbsp prepared Mustard
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 Onion, chopped
Salt and Black Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, gas Mark 4. Melt the fat in a shallow baking
tin or flameproof casserole dish and heat until very hot.
2. Add the ribs and brown on all sides.
3. Meanwhile, place all the sauce ingredients in a food processor and process
until fairly smooth.
4. Pour the barbecue sauce over the ribs, cover with foil and bake for 1 ˝
hours, basting 2 or 3 times.
5. Remove the foil and continue to bake for a further 1 hour, basting
frequently. Serve hot.
Poultry & Game Recipes | General
Poultry & Game Prep & Cooking Times
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.