Chicken Bacon Burgers
HT MC 40mins
Serves 4 Hot Poultry Pork Herbs Vegetables
Barbecues BBQ Main Course
450g/1lb Boneless Chicken Breasts, cubed
1 small Onion, roughly chopped
2.5cm/1-inch Fresh Root Ginger, grated
2 Garlic Cloves, roughly chopped
2 tbsp Roughly chopped Fresh Parsley
25g/1oz Fresh Breadcrumbs
1 Egg, beaten
Salt and Black Pepper
8 Rashers Rindless Streaky Bacon
1. Preheat the grill to hot. Place the chicken, onion, ginger and garlic in a
food processor or blender and process until quite smooth.
2. Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl, add the parsley, breadcrumbs,
egg, salt and pepper and mix well.
3. Divide the mixture into 4 portions then using wet hands, shape into burgers
about 12mm/ ˝ -inch thick.
4. Place the bacon on a clean surface or board and using the back of a knife,
stretch the rashers lengthways. Wrap each burger with two pieces of bacon,
secure with cocktail sticks then brush each burger with a little oil and grill
(oiled sides down) for 10 minutes.
5. Brush the tops of the burgers with oil then turn cook for a further 10
minutes or until cooked through.
Can also be cooked on the barbecue over medium/hot coals for
around the same length of time.
Serving Suggestions :
More Chicken Recipes
Poultry Prep & Cooking Times |
More Burger Recipes