Chicken with Sweet Potato HT
Serves 4 Hot Poultry Vegetables
Main Course Dairy Free Eggless
4 Boneless Chicken Breasts, skinned
Salt and Black Pepper
2 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Onion, chopped
400g/14oz Sweet Potato, peeled and cubed
200g/7oz Mushrooms, roughly chopped
2 teasp Dried Sage
2 tbsp Plain Flour
480ml/16fl.oz. Chicken Stock
60ml/2fl.oz. Cider Vinegar
2 teasp Mustard (Check ingredients label)
1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large saucepan,
add the chicken and brown on both sides. Remove chicken from pan.
2. Reheat the oil in the pan, add the onion, sweet potato, mushrooms and sage
and cook, stirring for about 5 minutes adding a little water if necessary to
prevent the mixture from sticking.
3. Sprinkle flour over vegetables and cook, stirring, for 1 minute then add the
stock, vinegar and mustard, mix well and bring to the boil.
4. Return the chicken to the pan, mix well then cover and simmer for 20-25
minutes or until chicken and sweet potatoes are cooked through.
Chicken Recipes | General Prep & Cooking Times
More Sweet Potato Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.