Coriander Turkey Steaks
HT MC 35mins
Serves 4 Hot Poultry Herbs Vegetables
Main Course Dairy Free Eggless
4 tbsp Vegetable Oil
2 teasp Ground Coriander
1 teasp Cumin Seeds
4 Turkey Steaks
Salt and Pepper
225g /8oz Shallots, peeled and sliced lengthways
1 Garlic Clove, crushed
1 x 400g/14oz tin Chopped Tomatoes
1 Chicken Stock Cube
˝ teasp Sugar
˝ teasp Hot Pepper Sauce
1 tbsp Freshly Chopped Coriander
1. Place the oil, coriander seeds and cumin seeds in a large frying pan and heat
for 1-2 minutes until hot and fragrant.
2. Season the steaks with salt and pepper then add to the pan and brown over a
high heat for 1 minute on each side. Remove the turkey from the frying pan with
tongs and set aside.
3. Add the shallots and garlic to the frying pan and sauté over a medium heat
for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, crumbled stock cube, sugar and pepper sauce, mixing well,
bring to the boil then cook on a high heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Return the turkey steaks to the pan, together with any juices, reduce the
heat to low, cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until the turkey is cooked
6. Transfer to a warm serving platter and sprinkle with the fresh coriander.
Serving Suggestions :
Chicken Recipes | General Preparation
& Cooking Times
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.