Weekday Menu Recipe
Curried Turkey Couscous
Serves 4 Hot Poultry Vegetables Spices
Herbs Nuts Main Course Eggless
1 tbsp Oil
1 Medium Onion, chopped
450g/1lb Turkey Mince
1 Garlic Clove, crushed
A handful of Chopped Pecans
˝ teasp Curry Powder
2 tbsp Butter
1 tbsp Freshly Chopped Parsley
350g/12oz Uncooked Couscous
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onions and sauté, stirring from
time to time, for about 5 minutes until softened and golden.
2. Add the turkey and garlic and fry for about 5 minutes, turning from time to
time, until the turkey is no longer pink.
3. Drain any excess oil off then stir in the pecan nuts and curry powder.
4. Add the water, butter, parsley, and salt, bring to the boil, then stir in the
5. Immediately remove from the heat, cover and leave to stand for 8-10 minutes
or until all the liquid has been absorbed and the couscous is soft. Fluff with a
fork before serving.
Serving Suggestions :
Poultry & Game Recipes | General
Poultry & Game Prep & Cooking Times
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.