Liz's Venison and Vegetable Stir Fry
HT MC 15mins
Submitted by Liz Beard, Kent
Serves 1 Liz or 2 normal people
Hot Meat Game Vegetables Fruit
Spices Main Course Gluten Wheat Dairy Free Eggless
1 Carrot, cut into matchsticks
¼ Savoy Cabbage, shredded
1tbsp Olive Oil
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
½ Red Onion, chopped
1 Venison Steak, cut into thin strips
Juice of ½ an Orange
½ teasp Mixed Spice
1. Put the carrot in a pan with just enough water to cover, bring to the boil,
then add the cabbage and cover so that it steams on top of the carrot.
2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a frying pan or wok until very hot, add the
garlic, onion and venison and stir-fry until the venison is browned.
3. Add the orange juice and mixed spice, stir well and continue frying for
another couple of minutes.
4. Add the carrot and cabbage to the venison and stir well.
Serve with rice or noodles and a dash of soy sauce (check ingredients for
Poultry & Game Recipes | General
Poultry & Game Prep & Cooking Times
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.