HT MC Canadian 130mins
Serves 4 Hot Game Vegetables Main
Course Gluten Wheat Dairy Free Eggless Canada Nth
America North American
900g/2lb Moose or Elk Meat, cut into 2.5cm/1-inch cubes
50g/2oz Lard or Oil
Water or Stock
Salt and Black Pepper
1 Large Onion, chopped
2 Carrots, thickly sliced
2 Parsnips, peeled and cubed
1 small Turnip, peeled and cubed
4 Medium Potatoes, cut into 2.5cm/1-in chunks
1. Heat the fat or oil in a large saucepan, add the meat and brown on all sides.
2. Add enough water or stock to cover the meat by 2.5cm/1-inch, season with salt
and pepper, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 1 hour.
3. Add the onion and continue to cook for a further 1 hour.
4. Add the remaining ingredients, mix well and cook for a further 30 minutes or
until vegetables are tender adding a little more water or stock if necessary.
Poultry & Game Recipes | General
Poultry & Game Prep & Cooking Times
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.