Ostrich Fillets with Wild Mushrooms
HT MC 35mins
Serves 4 Hot Poultry Game
Vegetables Main Course Gluten wheat Free Eggless
4 Ostrich Fillets
2 tbsp Butter
1 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tbsp Shallots, finely chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
225g/8oz Wild mushrooms e.g. Shitake, Portabello, sliced
120ml/4fl.oz. Fresh Chicken Stock
½ tbsp Tomato Puree or Paste
1 teasp Worcestershire Sauce
½ teasp Cayenne Pepper
Freshly Chopped Parsley to garnish
1. Preheat the oven or grill to low and season the fillets with salt and pepper.
Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan until very hot then add the
ostrich fillets and brown on both sides.
2. Remove the fillets from the pan with tongs and keep warm in the oven or under
3. Reheat the oil and butter until hot then add the mushrooms and sauté for a
few minutes until golden brown.
4. Add the shallots and garlic and continue to sauté, stirring, for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add the stock, tomato paste Worcester sauce and cayenne pepper, stir up any
browned bits from the bottom of the pan, and bring to the boil. Continue to
boil, stirring, until the liquid is slightly reduced.
6. To serve – transfer the fillets to serving plates, pour the sauce over the
top and sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.
Serving Suggestions :
Ostrich Recipes |
& Cooking Times