Weekday Menu Recipe
Turkey Steaks HT
Serves 4 Hot Poultry Pork
Vegetables Alcohol Spices Eggless
4 Small Turkey Steaks
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp Butter
2 Rashers Streaky Bacon, roughly chopped
1 Medium Onion, finely chopped
75g/3oz Fresh Mushrooms, sliced
1 heaped teasp Plain Flour
300ml/10fl.oz. Chicken Stock
120ml/4fl.oz. White Wine
1 tsp dried sage
˝ teasp Paprika
1 teasp Tomato Puree or Ketchup
Salt and Black Pepper
1. Place the turkey steaks between two sheets of clingfilm and pound with a
mallet or rolling pin until slightly flattened.
2. Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan until quite hot then add the
turkey steaks and lightly brown on both sides. Remove the steaks from the pan
with tongs and set aside.
3. Reheat the oil/butter then add the bacon, onions and mushrooms and fry over a
high heat for 2-3 minutes, turning frequently.
4. Reduce the heat a little then sprinkle the plain flour over the mushroom
mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring.
5. Gradually add the stock and white wine, mixing well and cook gently for 2 - 3
minutes before stirring in the sage, tomato paste, paprika, salt and pepper.
6. Return the turkey steaks to the pan and cook uncovered, for about 10 minutes,
spooning the sauce over the steaks from time to time, until the steaks are
7. Transfer the steaks to a heated platter using tongs, then add the cream to
the sauce and heat through gently before pouring over the steaks.
Serving Suggestions :
Poultry & Game Recipes | General
Poultry & Game Prep & Cooking Times
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.