Rabbit Stewed in Coconut Milk
HT MC Colombian 120mins
Colombian Name: Conejo Guisado con Coco
Serves 4 Hot Game Vegetables Main
Course Gluten Wheat Dairy Free Eggless
Colombia South America Sth American
3 tbsp Butter
1 tbsp Oil
8 large Rabbit Pieces
1 large Onion, finely chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
1 Capsicum (Sweet pepper), seeded and chopped
1 Chilli, seeded and chopped
1 large Tomato, chopped
Salt and Black Pepper
480ml/16fl.oz. Fresh Chicken Stock
180ml/6fl.oz. Thick Coconut Milk
1. Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan add the rabbit pieces and brown on
all sides. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a large saucepan.
2. Reheat the oil and butter remaining in the frying pan, add the onion, garlic,
capsicum and chilli and sauté for a few minutes.
3. Add the onion mixture to the rabbit together with the tomato, salt, pepper,
stock and coconut milk. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover, and
simmer for 1 ˝ hours, until the rabbit is tender.
4. Remove the rabbit pieces from the pan with a slotted spoon and place in a
serving dish and keep warm.
5. Bring the cooking liquid to the boil and continue to boil rapidly until
reduced and thickened, then pour the sauce over the rabbit and serve very hot
Poultry & Game Recipes | General
Poultry & Game Prep & Cooking Times
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.