Reindeer Stew HT
MC Finnish 140mins
Serves 4 Hot Game Vegetables Main Course
Dairy Free Eggless Finland Scandinavia Scandinavian Europe
2 tbsp Plain Flour
450g/1lb Reindeer Meat, cubed
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1 Onion, chopped
4 Carrots, sliced
2 Large Potatoes, cubed
900ml/30fl.oz. Beef Stock
1. Place the flour on a large plate or in a large plastic bag and use to coat
the meat on all sides, shaking off the excess flour.
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan until very hot then add the flour-coated
meat and brown on all sides.
3. Gradually add the stock, stirring then bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover
simmer for 1 ˝ hours or until tender.
4. Add the vegetables and salt, mix well then cover and simmer for a further 30
minutes. Serve hot, skimming any fat from the surface before serving with
Poultry & Game Recipes | General
Poultry & Game Prep & Cooking Times
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.