Turkey Steaks HT
Serves 1 Hot Poultry Pork Vegetables
Alcohol Spices Eggless
1 Turkey Steak
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Rasher Streaky Bacon, roughly chopped
˝ Small Onion, finely chopped
25g/1oz Fresh Mushrooms, sliced
˝ teasp Plain Flour
120ml/4fl.oz. Chicken Stock
˝ teasp dried Mixed Herbs
1 teasp Tomato Ketchup
Salt and Black Pepper
1 tbsp Cream
1. Place the turkey steak between two sheets of clingfilm and pound with a
mallet or rolling pin until slightly flattened.
2. Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan until quite hot then add the
turkey steak and lightly brown on both sides. Remove the steak from the pan with
tongs and set aside.
3. Reheat the oil then add the bacon, onions and mushrooms and fry over a high
heat for 2-3 minutes, turning frequently.
4. Reduce the heat a little then sprinkle the plain flour over the mushroom
mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring.
5. Gradually add the stock, mixing well and cook gently for 2 - 3 minutes before
stirring in the herbs, tomato ketchup, salt and pepper. .
6. Return the turkey steak to the pan and cook uncovered, for about 10 minutes,
spooning the sauce over the steak from time to time, until the steak is cooked
7. Transfer the steak to a warmed plate using tongs, then add the cream to the
sauce and heat through gently before pouring over the steak.
More Student Recipes | General
Poultry & Game Prep & Cooking Times
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.