Casseroled Squabs HT
Serves 4 Hot Game Birds Alcohol Main Course Eggless
(baby pigeons) , halved
1 Bouquet Garni
2 Carrots, sliced
1 Onion, halved
1 tbsp Plain
Salt and Pepper
1 tbsp Tomato Purée
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas mark
2. Season the birds with salt, pepper, and paprika and place in a deep casserole together with the Bouquet Garni, carrots, onion and stock.
3. Cover and cook for about 1 hour or a little longer longer on until tender and browned.
4. Remove from the oven and strain off the cooking liquor into a jug. Cover and keep warm whilst you finish the sauce.
4. Heat the butter in a large pan add the mushrooms and sauté for 5
minutes, turning from time to time.
5. Add the flour, and cook for about 2 minutes,
6. Add the cooking liquor, a little and a time, stirring constantly. Bring to the boil
then cook for 2-3 minutes until thickened.
7. Add the sherry and tomato purée and mix thoroughly.
8. To serve - pour the hot sauce over the birds and serve in the casserole.
Poultry & Game Recipes | General
Poultry & Game Prep & Cooking Times
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.