Grouse with Pear Sauce HT
MC British 45mins
Game Bird Alcohol Fruit Main Course Gluten Wheat Free
Eggless Britain Europe
Breasts, skin removed
1 x 450g/16oz tin
Pear Halves in light
2 teasp Cornflour
1. Preheat the oven to 170C, 325F, Gas Mark 3 and line a shallow baking
tin with heavy duty foil, leaving 1/2-inch foil collar.
2. Place the grouse breasts in the pan and pour over the wine and the
juice from the tin of pears.
3. Cover with a piece of foil, folding the edges together to form a tight
4. Bake for 30 minutes or
until cooked through.
5. Uncover and drain off 180ml/6fl.oz. of the cooking liquor and set
6. Place the pears around the grouse, return to the oven and bake for a
further 7-10 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, mix the cornflour with a little water to form a runny
paste. Place the cream and flour mixture in a saucepan, and cook, whisking
constantly, until the cream thickens. Do not boil.
8. Gradually add the reserved cooking liquor to the cream mixture and season with salt. Heat
through, stirring all the time. DO NOT BOIL.
9. To serve - arrange the grouse and pears on a warmed serving platter
and spoon the sauce over. Serve immediately.
Poultry & Game Recipes | General
Poultry & Game Prep & Cooking Times
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.