Puerto Rico Stuffed Turkey Legs HT MC Sth American 70mins
Poultry Pork Main Course Dairy Free Eggless
4 Turkey Legs
240ml/8fl.oz. Olive Oil
2 Green Capsicum (sweet peppers)
1 Large Onion
Salt and Black Pepper
1 teasp Dried Oregano
2 tbsp White Vinegar
4 slices Streaky Bacon
2 tbsp Teriyaki Sauce
1. Make lots of deep, vertical slits in the turkey legs, about 2.5cm/1 inch long and place in a shallow dish.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, salt, pepper, teriyaki sauce, vinegar and oregano. Pour this mixture over the
turkey legs and marinate for 4 to 8 hours.
3. Cut onion, green pepper and bacon into small squares no larger that 2.5cm/1 inch.
4. Remove the turkey legs from the dish, reserving the marinade, and stuff each slit with a piece of pepper, onion and bacon.
5. Heat the reserved marinade in a large frying pan until very hot. Add the stuffed turkey legs and brown on all sides.
6. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 45 minutes or until meat starts to separate from the bone, adding a little water to the pan if necessary to prevent sticking. Serve hot.
This is great at Christmas or Easter as an alternative to a whole roast turkey.
Poultry & Game Recipes | General
Poultry & Game Prep & Cooking Times
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.