Venison Braise HT
Hot Game Stew Main Course
Dairy Free Eggless Britain Europe
3 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Large Onion,
peeled and chopped
1 Bouquet Garni
1 tbsp English
1 tbsp Redcurrant
Salt and Black
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4.
2. Season the flour with plenty of salt and pepper and place on a large
plate. Roll the meat in the flour to coat.
3. Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole until very hot, add the
meat and brown quickly on all sides.
4. Add the onion and sauté for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Gradually add the apple juice, stirring constantly, then add the
mustard, Bouquet Garni, redcurrant jelly, salt and plenty of black pepper.
Bring to the boil, mixing well, then reduce the heat and simmer for 1˝-2 hours
until the meat is tender. Serve hot.
Poultry & Game Recipes | General
Poultry & Game Prep & Cooking Times
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.