Venison Sausage Casserole
MC British 70mins
Game Vegetables Alcohol Main Course
Eggless Britain Europe
450g/1lb Venison Sausages
2 tbsp Vegetable
1 Onion. Peeled
1 Green Capsicum
( sweet pepper ), deseeded and chopped
Mushrooms, wiped clean and sliced
˝ teasp Dried
Salt and Black
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas 4.
2. Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan until very hot then add
the sausages and fry until
lightly browned on all sides. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
3. Add the onion to the frying pan and fry gently until soft and golden.
4. Add the capsicum and mushrooms and fry for 1-2 minutes.
5. Sprinkle the flour and herbs over the top of the mushroom mixture and
cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
6. Gradually add the wine and stock, stirring all the time.
7. Return the sausages to the pan and continue to cook, stirring, until
8. Transfer to a heatproof casserole, cover and bake for 45 minutes. Serve
from the casserole.
Poultry & Game Recipes | General
Poultry & Game Prep & Cooking Times
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.