A Weekday Menu Recipe
Potato and Salmon Salad
CD MC 35mins
Serves 4 Cold Fish
Vegetables Salads Main Course Gluten Wheat Dairy Free Eggless
450g/1lb Baby New Potatoes, halved
225g/ 8oz Green Beans, cut into 5cm/2-inch lengths
A little Olive Oil
4 Salmon Fillets, skinned
The Zest of 1 Lemon
Salt and Black Pepper
12 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
25cm/10-inches Cucumber, halved lengthways and sliced
225g/8oz Mixed Salad Leaves
For the dressing:
4 tbsp Olive Oil
1 heaped tbsp Freshly chopped Dill
The juice of1 lemon
1 teasp English Mustard (check ingredients)
1 teasp Honey
1. Place the potatoes in a saucepan of salted water, bring to the boil then cook
for 15 minutes.
2. Add the beans to the potatoes, return to the boil and cook for a further 3
mins until both are tender.
3. Meanwhile, preheat the grill to medium and line the grill pan with oiled
aluminium foil. Place the salmon fillets in the grill pan, sprinkle over the
lemon zest, salt and pepper. Drizzle with a little oil then grill 4-5 minutes on
each side until the salmon is cooked through.
4. Remove the salmon from the heat, transfer to a plate, break into bite-sized
pieces and allow to cool.
5. Once cooked, drain the potatoes and beans in a colander, rinse under cold
running water until cold then drain well and transfer to a large serving bowl
together with the tomatoes, cucumber and salad leaves.
6. Make the dressing by whisking together the oil, dill, lemon juice, mustard,
honey and seasoning to taste.
7. Add the dressing to the salad together with the cold fish pieces and toss
lightly to coat. Serve immediately
Serving Suggestions :
Fish Recipes | General
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |