A Weekday Menu Recipe
Warm Cod and Couscous Salad
HT MC 25mins
Serves 4 Hot Fish Alcohol Herbs Vegetables Main Course
175g /6oz Couscous
4 x 150g/+5oz Cod Fillets
300ml/10fl.oz. Dry White Wine
175g/6oz Tomatoes, diced
2 tbsp Freshly Chopped Parsley
2 small Courgettes, finely diced
75g/3oz Baby Spinach Leaves, finely shredded
3 tbsp Olive Oil
1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
2 tbsp Finely Shredded Basil Leaves
4 tbsp Crème Fraîche
Salt and Black Pepper
1. Place the couscous in a large heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and
leave to stand for about 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place the cod in a large saucepan, add the wine, bring to the boil
then reduce the heat, cover and cook gently for 7-8 minutes or until fish is
just beginning to flake.
3. Fluff the couscous up with a fork then stir in the tomatoes, papaya, parsley,
courgette, spinach, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix well and
cover with a plate.
4. Remove the fish from the pan using a fish slice and keep warm then bring the
juices to the boil and boil rapidly to reduce to half.
5. Add the basil, crème fraîche salt and pepper and stir through.
6. To serve – divide the couscous between 4 serving plates, place the fish on
top and drizzle the sauce over each.
Serving Suggestions :
Fish Recipes | General
Fish Prep & Cooking Times |