Basil Tomato Sauce for Meatballs
Hot Vegetables Herbs Accompaniment Savoury Sauce
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 heaped tbsp Plain Flour
210ml/7fl.oz. Beef Stock
1 x 400g/14oz tin Chopped Tomatoes
3 tbsp Freshly Chopped Basil
Salt and Pepper
1. Place the butter and garlic in a medium sized saucepan and heat until the
butter has melted and begins to sizzle.
2. Sprinkle on the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring.
3. Gradually add the stock, stirring constantly and cook over a medium heat
4. Add the tomatoes, sugar and basil to the sauce. Season well with salt and
pepper, cover and simmer for at least 10 minutes.
You can then add well browned walnut sized meatballs to the sauce and continue to cook for a
further 5-10 minutes, spooning the sauce over the meatballs from time to time.
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.