HT ACC 30mins
Serves 4 Hot Vegetables Fish Alcohol
Savoury Sauce Pasta Accompaniment Gluten Wheat Free Eggless * Italian Italy
2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 Shallots, finely chopped
120ml/4fl.oz. Dry White Wine
240ml/8fl.oz. Fish Stock
1 x 200g/7oz tin Chopped Plum Tomatoes
1 tbsp Tomato Purée
180ml/6fl.oz. Double Cream
Salt and pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan add the shallots and sauté over a medium
heat for 3-4 minutes until softened.
2. Add the wine and vermouth, bring to the boil and continue to boil rapidly for
3-4 minutes until the liquid is reduced by half.
3. Add the stock, bring back to the boil and continue to boil for a further 4-5
minutes until reduced by half.
4. Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, cream, salt and pepper and cook for 4-5
minutes, stirring from time to time.
5. Remove from the heat then using a hand blender, blend until smooth.
Alternatively, transfer to a food processor and process until well blended and
6. Serve hot poured over stuffed pastas such as ravioli, tortellini,
cappelletti, tortelli, or Agnelotti.
well with fish and seafood filled pasta dishes.
*NB Whilst this sauce is Gluten free and eggless , for a completely gluten/egg
free recipe use a gluten/egg free pasta dough and filling
More Ravioli Sauce Recipes |
Ravioli Dough Recipes | Ravioli
Filling Recipes |
Other Sauce Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If
you're more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most
comprehensive weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid
ingredients and liquids - so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your
preference. Click here to go to the
chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or
imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the
other way round - from cups to grams or ounces.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.