Sweet Potato Sauce for
Pasta Veg HT ACC 40mins
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Vegetable Vegetables Accompaniment Savoury Sauces
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Onion, chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 large Sweet Potato, peeled and diced
½ teasp Salt
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and garlic and sauté over
medium-low heat until golden.
2. Add the sweet potato and just enough water to cover then bring to simmering
point. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes or
until the sweet potatoes are tender.
3. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water for 10-13 minutes
until just tender.
4. Once the sweet potatoes are soft, allow the mixture to cool a little then
transfer the contents of the pan to a food processor or blender together with
the milk and process to a purée.
5. Return the sauce to the rinsed out saucepan and reheat very gently.
6. To serve – drain the pasta well then stir it into the hot sweet potato sauce
and mix well.
More Sauce Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If
you're more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most
comprehensive weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid
ingredients and liquids - so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your
preference. Click here to go to the
chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.