Mascarpone Pasta Sauce
Veg HT ACC 10mins
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Vegetables Herbs Savoury Sauce
Pasta Accompaniment Gluten Wheat Free Eggless * Italian Italy
4 tbsp Butter
1 tbsp Tomato Paste
480ml/16fl.oz. Mascarpone Cheese
75g/3oz grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp finely shredded Basil
Salt and White pepper
A little double Cream
1. Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat, add the tomato paste and mascarpone
and stir until well blended.
2.Add the basil and some pepper and mix well.
3. Remove the pan from the heat, add the Parmesan and mix well.
4. If you want a thinner sauce, add some double cream, a little at a time, until
you get the right consistency.
5. Taste and add salt if necessary.
6. Serve hot poured over stuffed pastas such as ravioli, tortellini,
Cappelletti, tortelli, or Agnelotti. Goes particularly well with vegetable,
chicken and seafood filled pasta dishes.
* NB Whilst this sauce is Gluten free and eggless , for a completely gluten/egg
free recipe use a gluten/egg free pasta dough and filling
More Ravioli Sauce Recipes |
Ravioli Dough Recipes | Ravioli
Filling Recipes |
Other Sauce Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If
you're more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most
comprehensive weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid
ingredients and liquids - so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your
preference. Click here to go to the
chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or
imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the
other way round - from cups to grams or ounces.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.