Bearnaise Sauce Veg
Accompaniment Gluten Wheat Free
tbsp Finely Chopped Shallots
White Peppercorns, crushed
tbsp White Wine Vinegar
tbsp Finely chopped Fresh Parsley
tbsp Finely chopped Fresh Tarragon
1. Melt the butter in a small pan and set aside.
2. In another pan, place the onion, peppercorns, vinegar and 2
tablespoons of the water. Bring to the boil and continue to boil until most of
the water has evaporated.
3. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of water to the onions, stir well then
discard the onion if desired.
4. Return the strained mixture to the pan and place over another larger
pan of very hot water. The water should be touching the pan but not boiling.
5. Add the egg yolks to the strained mixture and whisk gently then add the
melted butter, a very little at a time, whisking continuously.
Stir in the parsley and tarragon. Serve hot.
with roast fillet of beef.
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.