All Hallows Soup
Veg HT SP 40mins
Serves 4-6 Hot
Vegetarian Vegetables Soups Gluten Wheat free Eggless
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large Onion, diced
675g/1 ½ lb Pumpkin, peeled and diced
600ml/20fl.oz. Strong Vegetable Stock
Salt and Black Pepper
Freshly grated nutmeg
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan add the onion and sauté over a medium heat
until softened, turning from time to time.
2. Add the squash and continue to sauté, over a medium heat for about 5 minutes,
turning a couple of times.
3. Add the milk, stock, salt and pepper, stir well and bring almost to the boil.
Reduce the heat, partially cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Allow to cool slightly then transfer to a blender or food processor and
process until smooth
5. Return to the saucepan, add the nutmeg and heat through. Serve hot.
Soup Recipes |
Hors d'oeuvre Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.