Cream of Mushroom Soup Veg
HT SP 30mins
Serves 4 Hot
Vegetarian Vegetables Soup Gluten Wheat Free Eggless
1 medium Onion, chopped
225g/8oz Fresh Mushrooms, roughly chopped
960ml/32fl.oz. Fresh Vegetable Stock
2 teasp Cornflour
240ml/8fl.oz. Single Cream
Salt and Pepper
1. Heat the butter in a large saucepan until melted then add the onion and
mushrooms and sauté gently for about 5 minutes, turning from time to time.
2. Add the stock, salt and pepper, bring to the boil then reduce the heat,
partially cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Allow to cool a little then transfer to a liquidiser or food processor and
process until smooth. You may have to do this in batches. then return the soup
to the saucepan.
4. Mix the cornflour with the cream then add the cream mixture to the saucepan, adjust the seasoning if necessary
and reheat gently without boiling, until slightly thickened. Serve hot.
Soup Recipes |
More Asparagus Recipes | What's
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.