Colombian Name: Changua
This soup is often eaten for breakfast in Colombia but try it at any time of
Serves 4 Hot
Vegetables Herbs Soup Colombia Sth America
4 heaped teasp freshly chopped Coriander (cilantro)
2 Spring Onions, chopped
Salt and Pepper
4 slices toasted bread, cut into cubes
1. Place the water and milk in a saucepan, season with salt and pepper and bring
to the boil.
2. Crack the eggs individually onto a plate and carefully slide each one
separately into the boiling soup without breaking the yolk.
3. Cover and continue to boil for 1-2 minutes.
4. To serve – Divide the spring onions and coriander between 4 serving bowls,
then carefully place one egg from the soup into each bowl and ladle the soup
into the bowls and float some cubed bread on the top.
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.