Plantain Soup HT
SP Colombian 80mins
Serves 4 Hot
Vegetables Spices Herbs Soup Gluten Wheat Dairy free
Eggless Colombia Sth. American South
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 small Onion, finely chopped
1 Carrot, finely chopped
1 stick of Celery, finely chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
960ml/32fl.oz. Fresh Chicken Stock
2 Green (unripe) Plantains, peeled and chopped
2 tbsp Freshly chopped Coriander (cilantro)
1 teasp Ground Cumin
1 Bay leaf
Salt and Black Pepper
1. Heat the oil in large saucepan add the onions, carrots, celery and garlic and
sauté for 3-5 minutes until soft but not brown.
2. Add the stock, bring to the boil stirring, then add the plantains, coriander,
cumin, bay leaf, salt and pepper and mix well.
3. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 40 minutes or until the plantains
4. Remove and bay leaf allow to cool a little then transfer half the soup to a
blender or food processor and process until very smooth.
5. Return to the soup remaining in the pan and heat through, adding a little
more stock if the mixture is too thick.
Soup Recipes |
Hors d'oeuvre Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.