Serves 4 Hot Seafood Shellfish
Soup Korea Asia Asian Gluten Wheat Dairy Free
225g/8oz White Rice
1 tbsp Sesame Oil
225g/8oz Cooked Prawns (Shrimps), shelled
1 tbsp Rice Wine
1. Place the rice in a bowl, cover with cold water and leave to soak for 20
2. Drain the rice well and set aside.
3. Heat the sesame oil in a large saucepan, add the prawns and rice wine and
sauté gently for 2-3 minutes, stirring.
4. Add the rice and continue to stir-fry for 1 minute.
5. Add the water and salt to the saucepan, bring to the boil, stir well then
reduce the heat, partially cover and cook over a medium heat for 15-20 minutes
or until the rice is very soft and the mixture has thickened. Stir from time to
time during the cooking period. Serve hot.
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.