Sri Lankan Fish And
Lentils Soup HT SP 45mins
Serves 4 Hot Fish Pulses
Vegetables Spices Herbs Soup Gluten Wheat Free Eggless Sri Lanka Ceylon
Ceylonese Asia Asian
225g/8oz Thick Fish Fillets, cut into 2.5cm/1-inch pieces
2 Onions, chopped
1 Tomato, chopped
1 teasp Freshly chopped Coriander
1 teasp Ground Cumin
Salt and White Pepper
25g/1oz Butter or Ghee
1 Curry Leaf
2 teasp Lime Juice
1. Place the fish in a large saucepan together with add half the onions, the
tomato, lentils, coriander, cumin, salt, pepper and water. Bring to simmering
point then cover and cook over a medium heat for 25 minutes, stirring from time
2. Heat the butter or ghee in a frying pan, add the remaining onion and curry
leaf and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add to the fish soup, mix well and continue to cook for a further 10 minutes.
4. Just before serving, sprinkle the soup with lime juice. Serve immediately.
Soup Recipes |
Hors d'oeuvre Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.