Scottish Cullen Skink HT
Hot Fish Soups Gluten Wheat Free Eggless Scotland
Finnan Haddock, skinned
1 Onion, chopped
A knob of Butter
Salt and White
Parsley to garnish
1. Place the haddock in a medium sauces, cover with the boiling water and
bring back to the boil.
2. Add the onions, then
reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the haddock is tender.
3. Drain the fish, reserving the liquor and remove the bones (reserving),
flake the fish into large pieces. Set aside.
4. Strain the cooking liquor into a clean pan, add the reserved bones and
Bring to the boil then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
5. Meanwhile, peel the potatoes and cut into chunks. Add to a saucepan of
cold salted water, bring to the boil then cook for 15-20 minutes until just
6. Drain the potatoes well, return to the pan with the butter and mash
7. Strain the milk liquor to remove all the bones and return to the pan
together with the fish and potatoes. Heat gently, stirring to mix well.
To serve - transfer to soup bowls and sprinkle with the parsley. Serve hot.
Soup Recipes |
Hors d'oeuvre Recipes
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.