Cold Vegetarian Fruit Gluten
Wheat Free Cakes Baked Fayre
1 teasp Baking
Bicarbonate of Soda
1/2 tsp Xantham
1-1/2 teasp Ground
Cinnamon (check ingredients Label)
1 Large Dessert
3 teasp Lemon
1/2 teasp Vanilla
75g/3oz Butter or
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6 and place 12 paper cases on a
2. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flours, bicarbonate of soda,
baking powder, Xantham gum, cinnamon and sugar. Add the grated apple and sultanas
and mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, milk and vanilla essence. Add
the lemon juice and then add the melted butter and blend thoroughly to a thick
4. Slowly add the egg and milk mixture to the flour mixture, stirring gently
until just combined - do not overmix .
5. Quickly spoon the mixture into the paper cases to within 1cm/1/2 inch from
the top and bake in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and sprinkle the tops with cinnamon.