Cold Vegetarian Gluten Wheat
Free Desserts Puddings
(chick pea) Flour
2 teasp Ground
Ginger (check ingredients label)
1 teasp GF
25g/1oz Butter or
4 tbsp Molasses
2 Eggs, separated
2 tbsp Orange
or Glacé Ginger, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, 350°F, Gas 4 and grease a small ovenproof
2. Place the butter and molasses in a small bowl and mix well.
3. Add the egg yolks and orange juice to the molasses mixture and beat well.
4. Sift the flour, ground ginger and baking powder into a large mixing bowl
and mix well then stir in the finely chopped ginger.
5. In another clean mixing bowl, whisk the eggs whites until stiff, then
gently fold the egg whites into the flour mixture.
6. Pour into the greased ovenproof dish and stand the dish in a deep roasting
tin which has been filled with enough boiling water to come 2.5cm/1 inch up the
side of the pudding dish.
7. Bake in the centre of the oven for about 45 minutes, or until the centre
of the pudding is firm.
8. At the end
of the cooking time, remove from the oven and leave for 5 -10 minutes before
turning out. Serve hot or cold, with pouring custard, cream or ice cream.
free Recipes |
Egg Free Recipes
Gluten Free Recipes |