Makes 1 x 23cm/9 inch cake Cold
Vegetarian Cakes Baked Fayre Gluten
or Rice Flour
8 Egg Yolks
The finely grated
rind of 1 Lemon
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
9 Egg Whites
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F Gas Mark 4 and flour a 23cm/9inch angel
food cake tin.
2. Sift the flour and sugar several times into a large mixing bowl. Set
3. In another mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks until light and creamy then add
to the flour together with the lemon rind and juice and mix well.
4. In a clean mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks until stiff but not dry. Fold
the egg whites into the flour mixture, working quickly but gently.
5. Transfer the mixture to the prepared tin and bake for 45 minutes. Cool
free Recipes |
Egg Free Recipes
Gluten Free Recipes |
Overseas Visitors: If
you're more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most
comprehensive weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid
ingredients and liquids - so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your
preference. Click here to go to the
chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or
imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the
other way round - from cups to grams or ounces.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.