Cranberry Pecan Stuffing Veg HT
Serves 6-8 Hot Vegetarian
Vegetables Fruit Nuts Herbs Accompaniment
1 stick Celery, chopped
1 small Onion, chopped
1 teasp Dried Sage, crushed
1 teasp Dried Thyme
Salt and Black Pepper
200g/7oz White Bread, cubed
50g/2oz Pecan Nuts, chopped
75g/3oz Dried Cranberries
120ml/4fl.oz. Vegetable or Chicken Stock
1. Heat the butter in a small saucepan, add the celery and onion and sauté
for 3-5 minutes until just tender, stirring from time to time.
2. Remove from heat then stir in the sage, thyme, salt and pepper.
3. Place the bread cubes in a large mixing bowl together with the celery
mixture, pecans, cranberries and stock, mixing well to moisten.
4. This can be used to stuff chicken or turkey or baked separately in a well
greased shallow baking tin for about 25 minutes at 180C, 350F, gas Mark 4.
A festive stuffing for Christmas or Easter.
Stuffing/Marinades Recipes |
Accompaniments Recipes | What's
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart. Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.