Mushroom and Prosciutto Pasta Filling
Serves 4 Hot Pork Vegetables Herbs Main
Course Stuffing Gluten Wheat Free*
3 tbsp Butter
1 Small Onion, finely chopped
1 Garlic Clove, crushed
225g/8oz Mushrooms, sliced
175g/6oz Prosciutto Ham, chopped
100g/4oz Grated Cheese such as Pecorino Romano, Mozzarella or Cheddar
1 tbsp Freshly Chopped Oregano
1. Heat the butter in a medium sized frying pan over a medium heat, add the
onion and garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the mushrooms and continue to fry for a further 4-5 minutes, turning from
time to time, until the mushrooms are browned and most of the liquid has
3. Allow the mixture to cool then transfer to a large mixing bowl, add the ham,
cheese, egg, oregano and pepper and mix well.
* NB Whilst this filling is Gluten free, for a completely gluten free recipe use
a gluten free pasta dough
Use to stuff
ravioli, tortellini, Cappelletti, tortelli, or Agnelotti
Pasta Filling Recipes |
Dough recipes | What's
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.