Ricotta & Spinach Pasta Filling
HT MC 15mins
Serves 4 Hot Vegetarian Vegetables Main
Course Stuffing Gluten Wheat Free* Italian Italy
225g/8oz Fresh Spinach leaves, washed
100g/4 oz Ricotta Cheese
25g/1oz Freshly Grated Parmesan cheese
A pinch of Nutmeg
Salt and pepper
1. Place the spinach in a large saucepan pan with only the water which is left
clinging to the leaves. Cover, place over a medium heat and cook for a few
minutes, shaking the pan vigorously from time to time, until the spinach has
2. Drain well, squeezing as much water out of the leaves as possible then
transfer to a chopping board and chop.
3. Place the chopped spinach in a mixing bowl together with the and cheeses,
egg, nutmeg, salt and pepper and mix well. Allow to cool before using.
* NB Whilst this filling is Gluten free, for a completely gluten free recipe use
a gluten free pasta dough
Use to stuff
ravioli, tortellini, Cappelletti, tortelli, or Agnelotti
Pasta Filling Recipes |
Dough recipes | What's
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.
Why not print it off for future reference.
Convert all recipes written in metric or imperial quickly and easily. Metric/imperial users can do the same but the other way round - from
cups to grams or ounces.
If you've arrived at this page via a search engine, do take a few minutes to
look around the site. We're convinced you'll find lots more excellent recipes
and in depth culinary information covering a wide range of food related topics.