Anchovy Garlic Kohlrabi
HT ACC 20mins
Serves 4 Hot
Vegetable Vegetables Fish Herbs
675g/1˝lb Kohlrabi, peeled and thinly sliced
4 tbsp Olive Oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
4 Tinned Anchovy Fillets, drained
2 tbsp White Breadcrumbs
2 tbsp Freshly chopped Parsley
The juice of half a small Lemon
Salt and Black Pepper
1. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil, add the kohlrabi slices
and cook for about 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the garlic, anchovy
and breadcrumbs and sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly, until the
breadcrumbs are crisp.
3. Remove half the breadcrumb mixture and set aside then then add the well
drained kohlrabi slices to the pan together with a sprinkling of water, parsley,
lemon juice and black pepper.
4. Cover and cook gently for 5 minutes or until tender, turning one or
5. Transfer to a serving platter, sprinkle with the reserved breadcrumb mixture
and serve immediately.
More Vegetable Accompaniment Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.