Apple Mashed Potatoes
Veg HT ACC Irish 30mins
Serves 4 Hot Vegetable
Fruit Accompaniment Gluten Wheat free Eggless
British Ireland Europe
900g/2lb Potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
450g/1lb Cooking Apples, peeled cored and sliced
1 tbsp Sugar
1. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan of cold salted water. Bring to the
boil then reduce the heat and cook for 20-25 minutes or until very tender.
2. Meanwhile, place the apples in a saucepan together with the sugar and 2
tablespoons of water. Mix well, bring to simmering point then cover and cook for
about 15 minutes or until very soft, stirring from time to time and adding a
little more water if necessary to prevent it burning.
3. Once the potatoes are cooked, drain then return to the pan and mash well.
4. Beat the cooked apple mixture to a relatively smooth texture then add to the
potatoes together with the butter and beat well. Serve hot.
More Vegetable Accompaniment Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.