Apple and Sweet Potato Casserole Veg
ACC Nth American
2 Sweet Potatoes,
peeled and cubed
2 Granny Smith
Apples, peeled cored
1/2 teasp Ground
3 thin slices
1. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas mark 4 and lightly grease a 1.5L/2 1/2 pint ovenproof dish.
2. Place alternate layers of sweet potatoes and apples in the dish.
3. Place the brown sugar, cinnamon, raisins, butter and salt in a saucepan. Add 90ml/3fl.oz. Of the water, bring slowly to simmering point and cook for 5 minutes.
4.Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the remaining water and flour and add to the brown sugar mixture stirring well.
5. Pour over the sweet potatoes and apples, place the lemon slices on top, cover with foil or a lid and bake for 20 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes and apples are tender. Serve hot.
Lovely served at Christmas with the Roast
More Vegetable Accompaniment Recipes | What's
in Season |
Overseas Visitors: If you're
more used to measuring ingredients by the cup, we have the most comprehensive
weight to cups conversion table on the net - both solid ingredients and liquids
- so now you can easily convert our recipes to suit your preference.
to go to the chart.