1. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6. Slice the
aubergines into 1cm/˝-inch slices place in a colander,
sprinkle liberally with salt and set aside whilst you prepare the
parcels and remaining ingredients. Stand the colander on a plate to
catch any water.
2. Cut four circles of parchment paper each measuring about 45cm/18 inches
square, and lightly oil, making sure you leave a border
about 5cm/2-inches wide all the way around.
3. Chop the tomatoes and place in a mixing bowl together with
finely chopped olives and shallots, parsley, oregano, salt, plenty of black pepper, lemon juice
and 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
4. Rinse the aubergine slices under cold running water, pat dry with
kitchen paper then place a large slice on each of the parchment
circles. cover with a spoonful of the tomato mixture. Repeat
stacking until all the aubergine slices and tomato mixture is used
up, placing the smaller aubergine slices at the top. (See tips
5. Gather up the edges of the
papers, tie securely with string, making sure you leave as much air
space as possible in the parcel. Transfer to a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes until the
puffed up and browning. Serve immediately. end of instructions